Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Mordheim Update 8/26/14 - Zealots Almost Done

Zealots
It's been more than a week since I last posted on here.  The fact that I did little-to-no work on my warband is a little disappointing but I got stuff done around the house.  In all this time I didn't get to work on my table idea or terrain either.  Last week was a blur.  Oh well back to some hobby time.

I was able to get an outstanding hour and a half in last night.  The majority of the work actually went into doing the final touches on the green-stuff cloaks for my Witch Hunters and their captain.  I'll put some pics up on that probably tomorrow.  I also finished up the cloaks on the three flagellants.  But this post is dedicated to the almost-done zealots.

I wanted to try a few things on these guys and all-in-all I'm pretty happy with them.  The story goes that they were former soldiers turned, well, zealous.  This meant I wanted their uniform and armor to appear broken down and dirty but to hint at former glory.  Not ambitious at all, I know.  Here's what I did.  Before I primed them I went crazy on them with my hobby knife.  With the base coats I painted them up pretty bright with yellow and blue uniforms and metallic silver armor.  Then I used multiple brown washes to "dirty" them up.  I wanted to give a sky-earth feel to the metal but wasn't sure enough of myself to do NMM.  Instead I used brown washes to give the earth feel and mixed up some blue, white, and tan colors with allot of medium to make up my own "sky-wash."  Here are some pictures.

The sky earth feel is a little heavy but it works for a first try.

I think they are sufficiently dirty.

I just need to finish up their bases and do some small touch-ups and they're good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment