Friday, August 1, 2014

Mordheim Update 8/1/14 - More Zealot Work

When I picked out the fluff for this warband I decided to make a Ukraine theme.  Their warband name is Ukrainian for The Order of the Hammer.  Their names are Ukrainian words using letters from our alphabet to represent sounds.  The yellow and blue you are seeing together is from their flag.  This isn't going to be the scheme for the entire warband just for their unis from a past life.  Warbands are made up of all sorts of people/things, there will be no scheme.

I decided that I wanted to keep better track of the colors I'm using for this project and therefore will be taking and posting pictures of the palettes used on this project.  This palette is especially messy and contains 9 colors. 

I started with spots of a black, a bluish green, dark blue, and off-white.  I mixed these color around to make up the base for the blue areas of the clothing.  When that was to my liking I moved on to the yellows.  For this I had a beige, brownish yellow, an orange, and a deep yellow.  I mixed in some of the off-white as well.  Then I painted the spears in a mix of black/brown and the bluish green.

After I did all this I noticed I had some of the colors I would need for sky/earth so I put them on the armor areas.  I had some slow-dry and also used some thinning medium.

Another mess

I've finished up a lot of the basecoat on these guys.  I intend on finishing the basecoats completely this weekend.
Uniforms taking shape
This is likely the most vibrant they will look.  They're in a ruined city after all and will be quite grungy and dingy when they are done.  Maybe by Monday they'll be done.  But maybe I'll jump around to another part of this project... or another project altogether... I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment