Thursday, July 31, 2014

Mordheim Update 7/31/14 - Zealots

I figured I'd better get in one more post on my most prolific month of blogging.  I only had about 15 minutes to paint, but I figured that was enough time to start painting the flesh on my zealots.  I haven't put paint to a miniature since finishing the DoA earlier this month.  It felt good to paint again.

Flesh is obviously not uniform and I decided to paint all the fleshes with different hues this time.  I'm also going to try a different style on these miniatures so these colors are for the basecoat.  I put out multiple colors on the palette.  The darkest brown was VMC Ger. Camo Black/Brown.  Then I put out a couple Citadel flesh tones; Ratskin Flesh and Elf Flesh.  I finished up the colors with some Bleached Bone.  I put one drop of thinning medium into each color and used a wet palette to keep them workable.  I also put some Reikland Flesh Shade on the pallet too.  I wanted to add a very slight reddish hue to one of the miniatures.

Messy palette


I used the other space on my palette to mix the colors into all different shades.  Both miniatures started with a base of GCB/B  that is where the similarities end.  Each subsequent layer was different for each miniature.  In the end they came out looking very similar but, oh well, I'm learning.  The guy on the left has the slightly reddish hue.

Zealots
The plan for these miniatures is to make them look extremely dirty and grungy.  Their back-story will explain their formal-ish attire (it isn't written all the way yet).  I plan to shade and highlight the skin after I finish all of the basecoats.

The month of August will bring with it a new project.  I decided I am going to build a multi-purpose gaming tabletop.  I'll be posting on its progress as well as continuing my warband project.  I need to touch up the DoA too as Zlurpee Bowl games brought of some "injuries" to the enthusiast.

No comments:

Post a Comment