Thursday, July 24, 2014

Update 7/24/14 - Sculpting

I've tried my hand at sculpting.  I think I'm generally happy with the turnout.  I wanted to take pictures of my steps along the way but it would have taken me way too long.  I've watched a lot of videos, read a lot of blogs and sought the advice of hobbyist much more experienced than I.

Before I started I planned out my steps and set-up for what I wanted to try.  I went along doing and redoing the steps I picked and think I can cut the time it took me to do this one in half.

I'm going to do more post on sculpting as I go along and they will be much more thorough.

Here are some pics of my first sculpted cape and hood.



This model has a hat so I thought I make the hood as if it were down.  I know this doesn't look very good but I'll take it for a first try.  You can't get better if you don't try, right?  Well, here is try one.



1 comment: