Monday, November 9, 2015

Update 11-9-15: Pestigors and Beast

I know how you kids like'm; extra sloppy!

I'm trying something new.  I know, shocking.  I wanted to try out the painting styles of one James Wappel.  This doesn't mean my end product will look anywhere near the awesomeness of his, ut just means I want to try out his "shaded basecoat" technique.  I know I'm going to mess this up royally so I thought a Nurgle team would be the best to try it on.  I saw some of the technique on YouTube and tried stuff from there.

I used a big brush (size 6), held it near the end, and multiple colors to wet blend tonal changes into the pieces.  I did two pestigors and the beast that the team already had with it, in this method.
I used VMC Black/Brown, VMC Flat Brown, VMC G.U. Khaki, and VMC Off-white.  Then to spice it up a little I used VMC Deep Blue, VMC G.U. Green, or VMC Desert Yellow to add a tint.


I painted the darkest colors into what would be shaded areas, mid tones in the middle, and the lighter colors on areas I thought would catch more light.  The beast figure is the one I did last and the one that started the best.

I'm not quite sure what to do next but I'll  see what I learn and how it turns out.  I'll post steps right or wrong that I do to the finish, I wont learn if I don't try.

No comments:

Post a Comment