Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Chibis - 11/4/15

The Friday before CC15 I was lucky enough to take a Chibi painting class.  It was taught by Droachmega.  I've never painted a Chibi before but it was a blast!

The eyes of a zombie are usually "dead" but he wanted to show us the technique needed for anime-style eyes.  Mine turned out nowhere near the level of the others in the class but I was truly happy with it.  We used Reaper Master Series paints on them which I've never used before so I don't know the specific colors used.  I really like the paints they seemed to be rich in color and I liked the consistency.  I think I'll stick with my Vallejo paints though because of how cheaply I can get them and because they are readily available in my area.

Tom from Impact! gave us (the class members) another Chibi so I'm looking forward to painting that up.  Here's a start:


I "finished" him up.


Here he is with the one from class.


I definitely need work on doing hair and highlighting.  Also making the figures look smoother.  I do feel like I'm getting better at this painting thing but I have a long way to go.  I will get my hands on a few more of these minis.  They are so much fun to paint and I know I can do better.  This mini fell off his holder and into a pile of white paint so I stopped at that point.  He was done enough anyway.

As I said before, I won the Legacy team from CC15.  I would like to add a couple pieces to it so I've been searching the interwebs for the right models.  I'm going to paint them up to match the team.  I need at least a bull centaur and one chaos dwarf.    I haven't played CD's before so I'm looking forward to filling out the team.  Maybe I'll use them at CC16.

1 comment: