Thursday, July 23, 2015

Terrain Update 7/23/15

I finally made myself get more work done on my terrain pieces.  One of the things that has made it so hard is my lack of game play lately.  It seems timing never works out.

Last evening I did some spray painting on my projects.  I put a black base coat on a wall section and then sprayed over it with a grey "stone" spray.  I think I laid on the stone a bit thick but I have an idea I'll try to bring out the "mortar."

Trial of Stone Spray

I was happy-ish with the look so I moved on to spray the wall tower that I had taped up.  I went much lighter with the amount of spray I put on it.


You can see in the picture that some of the paper on the foam board is peeling up.  I didn't notice this. Then I went to work on the next thing and when I turned around to check the tower...

... it looked like this.
So, that was a huge fail and now I need to come-up with a new tower idea.  We'll see what I think of.

Luckily the paint on my other ruins had turned out okay.  I used a different paint on the three story building than I had used in the past because I liked the darker brown color.

I had to lighten the photo a lot... I'm a terrible photographer.

I prepared my elevation pieces for spraying and if my wall isn't damaged by the propellant I'll paint those soon.

On the model front, I bought some dog models to make some hounds for my warband.  I love the idea of the dogs in a Witch Hunter warband, I just never had models for them and now I do.  Maybe someday I'll get to play them... maybe.

7/24/15. Painted a few more things with stone, nothing interesting enough for pics.  I'll update when there is something more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment