Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Nose, meet Grindstone

I haven’t posted hobby stuff in a long, long time.  That’s not just because I’ve been lazy, I just haven’t had the time.  I’ve had a couple opportunities to play but no one else has been able to play at those times.  I’ve also been sick for some of the time and busy for the rest.  I’ve taken my newly diagnosed diabetic cat to the vet many times and that’s contributed to the lack of free time as well.  My wife and I had a garage sale this past weekend and now I can get some stuff done.

On the terrain tip I realized I need to finish up what I have instead of starting anything new.  I used some brown and black spray paint I had laying around the garage to give a base color to some ruins, fencing and wood stuff.

Spray pained base color/primer.

I found a tutorial for using thick cardboard to make up a flagstone look.  I’ve started to make some risers take on that look.  I also added some height to the edges of one elevation change.

My first attempt at a flagstone pattern.

Wood glue for adhesion and water to aid with curling.

I decided one of the elevation changes should have some walls built up.  I'll add some ropes to it to use as rope and hooks.  I like the options it will give.

Built-up about 1/2 inch with some scrap foam blocks.

I will finish up these buildings first then the flagstone.  After this I’ll finish work on the water tower, town walls and watch towers.  This should catch me up on what I’ve started and then I’ll do more.  My goal is to have this stuff finished up by August 1.

Now onto some miniatures.  I need to finish up the witch hunters that are almost done.  After that I will finish up the skaven warband my friend is using.  After that I’m going to show some love to some Blood Bowl teams for a bit.  The next tournament that I’ll be attending is Chaos Cup 2015 in early September.  I think I’ll be playing a different team than I’ve played in the past so I need to get that going.  Also I am painting up a hobgoblin for the CC legacy team, so I need to get going on that.  My goal is to have these things done by September 1.  The Blood Bowl team and player must be done by September 1.

In order to keep up with my non-specific posting goals, I should be posting quite a bit.  I hope to get in plenty of play too.  A friend wants to show me the Star Wars game also so hopefully I can learn that soon too.

This all sounds like a lot to do this summer but I think it’s doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment