Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Terrain Update 7/8/15

Holiday weekends mean extra time off... to do chores.  I failed at getting much done over the weekend.  That combined with camera problems (I forgot to use it) made for a low production terrain weekend.  It's been pretty hot the last few days here but was able to get some hobby done.

Roughed out the base for my water tower.

Attached base to water tub

Glued together some barrels for use in rubble piles. (no pic)

Gave a stone look to the first floor of my "tavern."  I'll give the upper floors a stucco look with some filler before painting.

Stone look on first floor


I already had some city walls cut however I thought I could do them better so I made some changes on that front.  I didn't want to waste the foam, so I used filler to go over the walls.  After it drys I'll give it a grayish brick look.

Filler being added to "channels"


I reinforced my city wall towers and have prepped them for painting.  I will be using a "stone" spray-paint over this.  Then I'll remove the tape and hopefully I'll get a block look.

Sloppy horizontal lines

Sloppy vertical

I put a "stone" floor on my town square thingy.



I would like to get some mdf board to make simple bases for my rubble piles.  I want to re-base my gallows, stocks, fruit stand, and well.

I know I said previously I need to finish up what I already have started but I found some pvc pipe I can cut up to use for statue bases.  Later, I mean, I'll do that after I finish all this other stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Looking good! Interested to see how the spray stone works for the bricks.

    ReplyDelete