Monday, August 10, 2015

I Have a Plan... Sort Of 8/10/15

Ok, ok, it has been forever since I've done any hobby stuff.  My ideas and motivation for terrain and Mordheim stuff have ground to a halt and with them went hobby stuff entirely.  I haven't played a game of anything in almost two months.

I have Chaos Cup coming up in early September and had a small burst of motivation stem from that. An idea I really like has popped into my head for a new BB team.  The chance of me getting it done in time for CC15 is very slim.  I've signed up for Chaos Cup with an existing team of mine and a generic roster just to get myself registered. At the very least I'll play them.

I decided to do a test model for the team.  (This is the easiest thing to do since I don't have models for any other player.)  Once again, as is my custom, I'm going over my ability level, trying to put what is in my head down to the model.  My experience level with what I want to do is very low.  Here are some stages of my test model.  It all looks quite sloppy but I'm learning as I go.



I started with a miniature from Impact! from the Pharaohs of Something-or-other.  Obviously, he was painted previously so I sort-of cleaned him up.  I used a file to remove or lessen some of the original sculpt's features.  I got bored of this step so I moved on without completing it.  That's a theme so far with this mini.


I moved on to making him a green stuff tie and collar.  I tried making them off of the model and transferring the on.  That didn't work for me at all.  Finally I used small balls of green stuff and built up some basic shapes right on him.  Before this step looked good I got bored and moved on to the next step.


Then I made the small balls of GS into strips and made him some suspenders.  Staying true to my previous work on the model I stopped before this step was done.

There is still a lot of clean-up work to do one him; more filing, cleaning up the GS, and giving him a coffee mug to hold in his hand.  Before I did any of this I made a very rudimentary bitmap drawing of him.  I think when I finish the model I'll post a picture of that to see how the actual model works against what's in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment