Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Chaos Cup Legacy Team Entry 2015 - Part 2

Chaos Cup 2015 is almost here and this years theme is Chaos Dwarves.  A friend of mine took up the challenge of organizing a Legacy Team for this year.  Well, I did this sometime ago and I thought I'd do it again.  Last time I made a piece for a legacy team it was a dark elf lineman, this time I'm painting up a hobgoblin.   Time is a bit short for me at the moment so I'm not trying any conversions or building, I'm just going with straight hobgoblin from GW Blood Bowl.

This round of "burst" painting (that's what I'm going to call small amounts of paint time) saw me start on the clothes. I put down 3+ layers of base coat on the orange area and 2 layers on the grey.  I decided to try layering highlights and rough some of it in.  I was just going to do the basecoats but I had extra paint on the pallet.  Here are some pics of the progress.

Orange base is a mix of Mechrite Red, Red Hightlight (P3), and Scorched Brown

Trying to give a line down his back 

Roughed in Highlights

Grey Base is Black, Off-white, and German Uniform Khaki

Rough Highlights

I plan on using some glazing stuff I'm learning to help with the highlights and shading.  The next "burst" will probably be finish the cloth areas and the wraps.  After that I'll do the armor and the accessories.  Then base and finishing touches.  Looks like I should finish this on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment