Thursday, August 13, 2015

Chaos Cup Legacy Team Entry 2015

Chaos Cup 2015 is almost here and this years theme is Chaos Dwarves.  A friend of mine took up the challenge of organizing a Legacy Team for this year.  Well, I did this sometime ago and I thought I'd do it again.  Last time I made a piece for a legacy team it was a dark elf lineman, this time I'm painting up a hobgoblin.   Time is a bit short for me at the moment so I'm not trying any conversions or building, I'm just going with straight hobgoblin from GW Blood Bowl.

I've been getting more excited about painting right now and have been watching a few more videos. Because of what I've been seeing I'm giving some new-to-me techniques a try.  I'm using small bursts of time on it whenever I can.  I put down 3+ layers of base coat on the skin and that's where I'm starting.  I tried a couple different methods of shadowing on the hands to decide what's best for me.  I tried an all-over wash on his left hand and a more accurately placed wash on his right.

I used a 1:1 mix of Citadel Gnar. Green (foundaion paint) and Citadel Bleached Bone (old stuff). For the wash I used Citadel Ath. Camoshade.

I sprayed a dark brown over some white primer 'cause I didn't want to build up from white

I would like the flesh to be a bit more yellow

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment