Friday, February 3, 2017

Only in a World So Cold

The build is done!  I finally got the gluing and clipping and scraping done.  Here is a pic of the whole clan.



I used blue tack to attach the Lord to the Dracoth and the shields to the liberators just for the photo.

I thought the Lord Relictor was going to be the single toughest model to build but he was a piece of cake.  Then I tried the Dracoth.  He was not  I used mostly plastic cement for the build.  I heard it worked best if you let the cement go on the model for a couple of seconds before attaching the other side, which had cement too.  However this caused the little guide nubs to melt, so I had to guess how to join some parts.  I did dry fit everything before I glued it but still.  Hopefully, I learn from all the mistakes I made.

My next step is green stuff some weak points.  Then I'll use a hobby knife and do some damage.

Here's where the cold comes in, priming.  I'm doing some test with using gesso to prime so I can maybe prime inside.

My family has decided to make some changes in how certain rooms get used.  Now that the army building is done I need to get back to some work around the house so hobby time is going to be a bit harder to come by.  If I get free time I'll use it to play.  I'll be the "uses grey models" guy for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment