Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Dog Bowl III and Mordheim Stuff - 1/27/15

This year's Dog Bowl is fast approaching.  This will be the 5th KUBBL presented tournament and for the last three years we've held it at Marmalade Dog, a gaming convention but on by the West Michigan Gamers Guild. 

We have monkeyed around with multiple rule sets over the past four tournaments and the one we've landed on is the rule set we used last year except we are playing three rounds as opposed to four.

The tournament is free to anyone who enters the convention, therefore we don't have any income and need to get creative with our prizes.  This year Randroid and I decided we would build 3D dugouts to be used as trophies.  We are both doing our own things so each dugout will be original and different.  We used standardized dimensions but that's it.

For materials I am using foamcore board, sucker sticks (unused), balsa wood, an orange bag, and random bits.  Here is what I have so far.



Blood Bowl dugouts have three areas: Reserves, KO, and Dead and Injured.  The tiles at the bottom are for turns and re-rolls.  These dugouts will fit on some FF Field Boards.  The plan is to use the bag and sucker sticks to make chain link fence.  These need to be ready in less than two week so I need to get my butt in gear.

But...

...I have been working on other stuff too.  I made some small random things to use in Mordheim.  I used craft sticks and balsa wood just to make some stuff to take up room and such.  It's not finished or painted but I shouldn't have been working on these at all.






The picture is that good but it's a fruit stand, stocks, and gallows.  I'll post more and better pics as I go.


No comments:

Post a Comment