Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Game Play - Practice Games

I'm getting closer and closer to knowing all the rules but I'm still so far away.  Last night hosted two more practice games of Mordheim.  A friend of mine wanted to tryout Skaven so we played a couple Skaven versus Witch Hunters games.  I should have taken photos but I forgot.  This was my first opportunity to use some of the terrain I'm working on and it definitely adds to the game.  Once I get it painted up it'll be even better.

The first game was Break Through and the Skaven chose to be the attackers.  As the previous Storytime hinted at I dropped my two zealots and added a crossbow to one Witch Hunter and pistols to the other two.  The added shooting helped me quite a bit in this game.  The rats used their speed well and covered it with sling fire very well.  My flagellants, though tough, thought they shouldn't be there and were quickly put out of action.  My Witch Hunters passed four route test before the Skaven even had to take one.  Luckily for me they failed their first test and gave the Witch Hunters the win.  Of my eight warband members who started the game only three finish. The Skaven started with ten and routed at 7.  I won the objective but the Skaven kicked my butt.

The second game was Skirmish.  Once again the Skaven showed their speed and fighting prowess against me causing me to pass three route tests.  I was able to attack their weakest players and cause them to take their first route test which they promptly failed.  Again they won the pure number game but I accomplished the objective.  My flagellents again proved worthless in hand-to-hand combat with all three of them getting put out of action, two of them by henchmen with daggers.

I'm looking forward to getting more scenery done, my warband done, and painting up and converting the Skaven.  Hopefully we can get a campaign going soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment