Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Update 1/14/15 - Random Thoughts

So, I've been thinking... this blog has become a bit more than a paint log for me.  I used to be huge into playing sports.  I even planned my life to include being a golf professional (not a professional golfer, see the difference).  Things happen in life and the best laid plans don't always pan out.

Anyway for the past 5 years or so I've turned the attention playing sports used to get toward gaming, Blood Bowl specifically.  Some friends asked me if I wanted to play in a local league with them and I decided, reluctantly, to give it a shot.   I started out borrowing a team and playing.  The next thing I know, I'm listening to podcasts about it, reading up on it, and even going to tournaments.  Then I decided I wanted to give painting a shot and bought my first team.  Since then I've painted those Dark Elves (2x), a Slann team (2x), a Khemri team (since stripped), an Undead/Necro team for a friend, a Norse team for a friend, my Dwarfs of Anarchy, and a bunch of sideline figures.  All for BB use.

Because of the fun I've had with Blood Bowl I've met a lot of great people that I wouldn't have met without it.  One of those people has become my go-to whenever I have painting questions and he's the one who asked me to give Mordheim a try.   We played one measly practice game and now I'm super interested.  So much so that I converted up and painted a warband (well... it's almost done) and now I'm hooked on building up some terrain for the game.

I still follow my A's, Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks, and Spartans.  I still enjoy watching golf, boxing, MMA, and occasionally soccer.  But those are things I have to watch now.  I get to actually play, paint, and build with these new hobbies and that has given me a new area to put that attention.

I haven't had much time for building, painting, converting or playing lately but I'm still getting some stuff done and I intend to get that posting done soon too.  I think I"m going to shoot for one update a week but I'll do more if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment