Monday, December 2, 2013

To Do List 12-2

It's tourney week!  Jingle Bowl II is upon us and a Norse tournament edition of the Red Cedar Riot will be traveling to the east side of Michigan for some Blood Bowl action. 

I did well on my list from last week so here are the results.

To do by 12-1:
1.  Frosty primed and base coated. (mini finished except for base and sealing)
2.  Snow Troll primed and base coated.  (mini finished except for base and sealing)
3.  Finalize roster for Jingle Bowl II and send it in. (done)
 
Below are some images of my Yeti, Sparty and star player Frosty.  
 
I wanted to make it look like he had a dusting of snow on him.
 Five layers of flesh tones and I think I finally achieved the tone I wanted.
I don't know whether to be happy with my first sculpting effort...
 
... or disappointed with the out come. 
 
 
My roster for Jingle Bowl is designed for casualties.  We shall see if I can achieve the necessary rolls to win some games.  I was able to play one practice game with them and it went well so... this could be ok.
 
To do by 12-8:
1.  Fix Frosty's bottom snow ball.
2.  Finish basing and sealing Sparty and Frosty.
3.  Basecoat two/three DoA members.
 
Next week I'll have a Riot (Norse edition) team shot and a rundown of Jingle Bowl II.
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Diggin' the look!

    I just try and take every painting/modeling/sculpting challenge as a learning experience. You can't expect to start out amazing! Your Frosty looks pretty good, the pose is dynamic, the biggest change I would make it just being sure to smooth out fingerprints on the GS before it hardens. You can also always sand them off later once it has cured.

    I hope you kill a lot of Elves and Dwarfs for me at JB2!!

    ReplyDelete