Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Been a Long Time

My last post was over 4 months ago?  What have I been doing?  Not painting that's for sure.  The last four months have been a bit of a gut punch, but life happens to everyone.  OK, here's to now.

In that time Randroid finally got me to play some AoS... shockingly (not really) I had fun.  So naturally, I needed to pick a faction.  I went into it trying to find the group with the models I like most.  The image I had in my head didn't fit anything I saw on the GW website.  I thought the Khorne models seemed the best of what I saw but the fluff didn't suit me.  I didn't care for the human models as much and I don't like the "cone-head" elf stuff.  But digging through I found some dark elf and wood elf models that didn't have the cones, so I started there.  I use extremely rudimentary graphic skills to edit color options on pictures of the models.  This helped me find a color scheme I liked.  Then I added some Sylvaneth characters and some Stormcast stuff.  I had an army plan!  Then I looked into price and synergy and my idea went up in a cloud of smoke.  They wouldn't work together well without adding other pieces I didn't care for and the price was climbing.

In reflecting on that scenario I was looking for other cheaper ideas.  I stumbled across a picture of a Stormcast Eternal painted in a scheme very close to the one in my head. I didn't are for the golden blob I saw in other pics but these caught my eye.  Also them being in the starter set made them a good price option too.  So that settled it.  I'm gonna be Stormcast.

Here are some of my quick ideas for the faction.  
Lord C

Dray

Wing 1

Wing 2

Ax

1 comment:

  1. I never sit down and plan on a paint scheme but maybe I should give it a go. It probably saves time in the long run. Looking forward to seeing this paint on your forces.

    ReplyDelete