Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Slog

I am getting a bit bogged down on the DoA.  I've gotten to the point were I need to finish the bases to move on.  Normally this would be fine but for this project I decided to use pre-made letters and numbers for the bases which is time consuming.  I know, in the end, they will make the bases easier to read but I don't care for the effort it takes.  Boo-Hoo right?  Hopefully they will make the models look good.

As a distraction I've been practicing glazing on some random models I have.  So far, I'm happy with my progress.  I tried doing non-metallic metal steel, um, that didn't work.  But glazing for other colors seems to be progressing well.

I was also recently gifted a box of Chaos Warriors.  I am working on cleaning up mold lines and coming up with a paint scheme I want to try on them.  I realize through this process I don't care for assembly.  I looked at the model holding the piece together as if assembled and I could easily see that painting certain areas would be very hard, if not impossible.

Speaking of assembly, my next project; the building of my Impact! Middle Kingdom team.  Not all of the models require assembly and that makes me very happy.

The weather forecasts for this area look very good so I will be spending more time outside.  I love being outside for almost any reason.  Even yard work is appealing to me.  Mowing, trimming, weeding, building a fire pit, on and on; it all seems great to me.  This will lower my modeling time but I will still get stuff done.

In the not so distance past I made To Do's for myself.  I think I should do that again so...

To Do by 5-27-14
1.  Letter and paint DoA 6 bases
2.  Highlight DoA bikes
3.  Base DoA apothecary
4.  Prime test Chaos Warrior and Red Cedar Riots players that don't need assembly

That's a lot to do but I think it's doable.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment