Friday, November 8, 2013

Update 11-8-13

I've been doing quite a bit of work.  Prepping sideline figs for the Dwarfs of Anarchy, prepping my big guys, setting up my painting area, and starting my test dwarf.  I took a bunch of photos of what I've done and they look like absolute crap.  So I figured I'd just tell you what is going on.

For the DoA I am using some bikes from West Wind Miniatures.  I think they are designed for a game called Roadkill.  I'm using 5 bikes as a representation of the bikes DoA road in on.  A sixth bike will have a rider carrying a chainsaw to represent the team apothecary.  To be used as counters, I have some 25mm bases with parts from mangled bikes, guns, and tools on them.

I have started painting my test model for the DoA.  I chosen to use a black and blue color scheme for the DoA relying heavily on black.  The base colors I've laid down so far are; Citadel Chainmail for the metal pieces, Citadel Ratskin Flesh for the skin, and Vallejo Off White for the eyes.

The three big guys I'm prepping are from Impact! Miniatures.  They are the new Trollcast models for the Middle Kingdom team (not new figures just resin instead of metal).  I assembled them, green stuffed the gaps, and cleaned them.  My intention is for the Ogre to be used with my Michigan State themed human team so I added a plume to the helmet with green stuff but I'm not happy with how it turned out so I'll be working more on it before I post anything here.

Speaking of photos, I don't have my set-up for painting done and I have no idea how to photograph minis.  I have recently read a "How To" by Jim Wapple on photographing miniatures and will be attempting to improve my photography. 

So here are some crappy photos showing my basing so far:

Oh man this pic looks even worse than I thought.

And one bike:


Well...
 
 
It will get better from here, I hope.


1 comment:

  1. Do you have a tripod? Pictures aren't the worse some better lighting would help.

    Excited to see this team dead and injured and in the KO box!!

    ReplyDelete