Tuesday, November 19, 2013

To Do List 11-18

Well, the time has past on my last list so here's how I did:

To do (11-17):
1.  Highlight test model for DoA:  Done
2.  Plan out/draw "Frosty":  Done
3.  If weather permits, do priming from last list:  weather didn't permit :(

My set-up is closer to completion!  Thanks to some clearance sales I was able to get some improved lighting.  I know have one architect light and two standard desk lamps.  I got bulbs for all three that mimic natural lighting.  I think just a cutting mat and some organization and my area will be complete.

I also got a bit of a head-start on sculpting Frosty which I had only planned on drawing.  Originally I intended to sculpt the entire model from scratch.  The arms proved to be much harder than I assumed, meaning, the hands would be all but impossible for me.  A friend of mine had an old treeman who had fallen into disrepair (someone had dropped him at some point), I will be using parts from him to make Frosty's arms and hands.  Snowmen often have sticks for arms so this should work.  Because of these changes this has moved from a sculpting task to a Sid-like toy mash-up.

To do by 11-25
1.  Strip old treeman model.
2.  Finish sculpting/mashing Frosty
3.  Prime Troll figure to paint as Snow Troll for Jingle Bowl II

No comments:

Post a Comment