Thursday, January 18, 2018

Weekly Update - 3rd Week of January - Choosing Colors

For inspiration for my wood elf team I scanned the interwebs.  I saw a lot of green and yellow, green and blue, and green and brown teams out there.  I didn't care for them.  I saw some green and red schemes that attracted me more but they still weren't right.  Then I remembered a video Les Bursley at Awesome Paint Job did a while ago and decided to watch it again.  It doesn't feature Blood Bowl but I liked the scheme.  He went with a reddish brown, orange, a greenish khaki, and gold metallic.  I decided to go with a variation of these colors, sort of a fall theme.

I often work up a drawing to out color schemes and this was no exception:

So I put this together and did a quick and dirty test figure:


I didn't like it.  I went back to the video and saw my colors were off.  So here is another markup:


So I gave that one a shot, used same model since it was just increasing contrast:



Better and truer to the scheme I wanted.  I brightened the orange and darkened the pajama brown.  I also gave the cloth a greenish tint.  Little pop of bright from the feather too. 

By next week I'd like to have the team done.  Hopefully, I can find time for a couple hour block to hammer a big chunk of it out with the airbrush.  I decided to paint the pajamas with that to speed it up, if I can.



1 comment:

  1. I like the look! It's a bit muted but still stands out.

    ReplyDelete