Thursday, January 11, 2018

Weekly Update - 2nd Week of January - Zenithal Priming

I know this can be done with a rattle can and I've tried it that way before.  But for some reason the air brush made me think of it again.

I have a bunch of third edition GW Wood Elf blood bowl players so I thought I'd give it a try on them.  I primed them with black in the air brush.  I sprayed them and thought I was done.  Then one tipped over.  The went from black to silver in an instant.  I'm not sure why I didn't think about it earlier but spray from the top obviously wont get on the bottom.  I went back over them to make sure the underside was covered.


Layer One

Single Fig

My phone crapped out on me last week so my search to find the correct way to photograph these miniatures is starting all over.

Here is the grey and white part:




Things I learned:
1.  Don't thin too much.  Finding the happy medium will come in time.
2.  Hold the trigger steady, let the pressure gauge do the work.  I did better with the grey and white.
3.  Tip the models to get all sides for dark color
4.  Cleaning the air brush is tough but I'm getting more confident.


1 comment:

  1. Some nice looking shading developing on that last photo!

    ReplyDelete