Friday, April 10, 2015

Update 4/10/15: Mordheim/Board

It's been so long since I've posted anything.  I've played some games in the meantime but hobby time has been scarce.  I have done some stuff but haven't taken pictures of it so I didn't feel like posting any of it would be worthwhile.  I've added more texture to a few building and did some "brick work" on some foam but that's about it.

My most recent project is setting up an area at my house to play games in.  Thanks to a friend of mine, I think I finally will have a multi-use table-top  It's about 73" by 44" so it should work for multiple games.  I found a Home Depot Gift Card laying around so I got some spray paint to give it a textured gravely look.  Since the majority of game play for me is Mordheim, it should make a good city-like base.  I guess if I ever get into a fantasy-type game it would make a good rocky ground too.

I started by spraying it a really patchy brown and then added some black splotches.  After that I added some texture paint to it which was a cloudy-clear paint with grit in it.  I finished it off with some gray-black-white speckled texture paint.  For the base of the table I used some steel shelving units I have.  They should provide a small amount of storage too.

Dirty underbelly

Added texture comes out cloudy but dried clear

Looks patchy so I added more "stone" later.  Not Pictured

I haven't fully decided on where to put the board.  Next week I will have a more completed look and I'll add some terrain to get more of an idea what it looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment