Thursday, May 25, 2017

If At First You Don't Succeed...

When I built the dracoth for my Stormcast I messed it up about as bad as I could.  I've put off fixing it and painting it but now we have a firm date so I need to get it done.

I watched a painting how-to where they left the lord and the mount separate so I figured I'd do that.  Then when I tried to dry-fit the pieces and they didn't come together right.  My solution to this is to give the lord some longer legs.  His lower legs are sculpted on the mount.  So, I glued some sprue pieces on the legs.

Then I put greenstuff around those and shaped them:

Building, Sculpting, Fixing... not my strong suit.

Now dry-fit round two.

Pressed into GS to give me guidance for final assembly.

I'm also going to model a shield onto the unit.  I needed to flatten an area on his left arm. I won't mount the shield until the end.

Lord Celestant on Stick, also his shield is in the background.
Hopefully if a few year's time I can look back on this and see that my sculpting and filling is much, much better.

Next step prime.


1 comment:

  1. Looks good! One thing I know from experience is a bit of primer and some paint can fix a lot that looks rough after sculpting.

    ReplyDelete