Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Chaos Cup Legacy Display Base, part 2

I'm very excited.  For multiple reasons.  The display base has turned out pretty well.  I drew up some chicken scratch drawings of how I wanted the base to look.  All-in-all the main features worked out. There was only one feature I wanted to add but it didn't work out.  My goal, with the base, was to add a little atmosphere but not take away from the team.

I added a black and brown wash to the "seems" in the floor and a black rim around the base.



The outside of the block walls needed some weathering.  I've never done any weathering so this was a learning experience and it was fun to see how it came out.



I connected the wall to the base and matte varnished the whole thing.  Here it is with a random figure for size reference.



Okay, here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment