Thursday, October 8, 2015

Back in the Saddle

Holy cow.  Since Chaos Cup (which was awesome) I haven't had any hobby time.  Well, I finally got some stuff done.  I used my first chance to hobby to glue, and glue, and glue, and remove mold lines, and glue some more.  I decided it was time to put together my human team from Impact! and a buddy's Apes of Wrath team (also Impact!).  I've only had both teams for about a year now.  Both teams are Trollcast resin so I'm getting use to how light they are and learning to handle them with a bit more care.  I broke the foot off a catcher as I was cleaning a mold lines and I've broke other stuff too.  Luckily nothing of the AoW yet.  I'm doing a substantial amount of filling using green-stuff, I hope it turns out well in the finished product.  Once I get these models all primed up I'll have a ton to paint, about 20 apes and 16 humans.

Here's the AoW test model.



Lists so I remeber

Fur-
Base: VMC Flat Brown
Wash:  Citadel AES
Drybrush: VMC Black/Brown

Skin-
Base:  VMC Flat Brown
Build up:  1:1ish, VMC Flat Brown VMC German Uniform Khaki
Wash: Citadel GS
Highlight: VMC German Uniform Khaki

Teeth-
Base: VMC Off-white
Wash: Citadel AES

Pants-
Base: VMC Flat Brown, then Citadel IDS
Wash: Citadel GS
Build up: Citadel IDS
Highlight:  Citadel IDS with tip of VMC Deep Yellow

Pads-
Base: VMC Black/Brown
Wash: Citadel AES
Highlight:  VMC Flat Brown



No comments:

Post a Comment