Monday, June 16, 2014

To Do List - 6-1-14...no? 6-16-14?

Where has the month gone?  Has it been so long since I've painted?  Or just posted?  Well, I have gotten some things done but for every accomplishment I've created two more tasks for myself. 

DOA stuff done and to be done.
  • The six positionals for the DoA are on their bases and sealed.  They just need some matte varnish and they will be good to go.  
  • The other six linemen are ready to go onto their bases but I am waiting on some Slater numbers to finish the bases first.  Once they are on there bases I will give them a gloss varnish followed by the matte varnish and they should be done.  
  • The sideline bikes are complete and in need of bases (I didn't like their original bases so I scrapped them) and varnish, and they will be all done.
  • The team apothecary is basecoated and washed.  He needs his finishing highlights.  His bike is basecoated, washed, and highlighted.  It has the same base issue as the rest of the bikes and needs to be re-done.  All this needs to be assembled and varnished too.
  • The counters and dice are... well, I haven't touched them.
With the exception of the counters I hope to be done with these steps by next Monday.  The bases depend on getting my numbers in also.

Now onto the stuff I've added to my hobby plate.
  • I read Xtreme's rules for Death Roller Racing and they look incredibly fun.  Because I want to play this so badly at Zlurpee Bowl X, I've decided to get Piney ready too.  I have done the basecoating and shading on Piney and the roller's metal areas have been based as well.  I need to finish the basecoating, assemble, highlight, finish the base, and varnish him.  Due Date: July 10th.
  • I love the Battle Foam C4 Case I won at CC12 but the DoA call for their own transport.  Of course this means I want to build it.  I have all the parts except some magnets.  Due Date: July 10th.
  • Also at Zlurpee this year there will be a competition for Best Painted Impact! Miniature.  I've never tried my hand at competition level painting so I thought I'd give this a go.  I've picked out the model and started too paint it up.  We'll see how it goes.  If I don't like how it's doing I'll scrap this.  I got nervous just writing this so... maybe I wont do this.  Due Date July 10
  • I've long complained on here about how bad my photography skills are.  Of course this means I will be building my own light box.  Why not?  I've got time... Due Date TBD
  • A couple friends in the area have invited me to play the game "Mordheim."  I am in the process of planning my Warband.  I think I want to play as the Witch Hunters.  Just reading through the rules and watching some battle reports on YouTube makes me want to learn to build some terrain too.  So I need to pick my Warband models, get them ready for play, build some terrain, actually learn how to play, figure out how to get by on 1 to 3 hours of sleep a night.  Start Date July 14
  • Do more painting on my Warriors of Chaos, Nurgle Warriors.  Due Date TBD
  • Paint up the Red Cedar Riots for CC14.  Probably not going to happen.
All this on top of my plans for my yard and house for this summer.  AHH! 


No comments:

Post a Comment