Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Slowly but Slowly

I am very behind on my picture taking.  I'm only slightly less behind on my to do list.  I finished up the miniatures that have become Piney and Chuck.  Piney is the team Deathroller and Chuck is the apothecary.   Pictures?  See line one.  I also fixed a basing error on Juice so now he's smooth.  The weekend worktime I was going to dedicate to the team got shorten to roughly 30 minutes.  I had said in my last post that I want to start playing Mordheim and instead of using my hobby time wisely I searched my limited bits collection and the internet for miniatures to make up my warband.

I was slightly productive during that thirty minutes.  I decided to work on the team transportation.  Here is my whopping advancement so far.
I know what you're thinking, "that's just a baking dish... and is that Elmo?"  Yes and yes.  But this is a special baking dish.  It is made out of steel and thus is magnetic... Not special you say?  The bottom of the pan is coated with blackboard paint, booyah, special!  The pan needs to be magnetic to hold the minis in place once the team is done.  The bare pan had a non-stick coating that made my test model slide around.  This coating also made it so impossible to paint.  In steps sandpaper and the non-stick material was removed from the bottom.  The raw metal was still too slick but the blackboard paint provides a good amount of friction/resistance and the test model stayed in place.

I have big plans for this transport.  Now to see if they come to fruition.



No comments:

Post a Comment